On 6 November 2012 participants from the Mistra Arctic Research programme gave a joint lecture on their work for Arctic Council observers and member states officials in Stockholm.
The title was Mistra Arctic Futures: research on values and direction and the following researchers presented:
- Kristofer Bergh, SIPRI
- Scott Cole, EnviroEconomics Sweden
- Carina Keskitalo, Umeå University
- Dieter K Müller, Umeå University
- Peder Roberts, Royal Institute of Technology
The researchers addressed the following perspectives on the Arctic of today, based on their work:
– Historic development and construction
– Emerging patterns
– Research on values and directions
The lecture was part of a seminar organized by the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat for the Swedish Chairmanship of the Arctic Council at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.